11/03/2012

Israel Election Blogging?

I love Israeli elections. It's like color war on steroids. The debate is really robust and interesting, though there's also a lot of garbage, and the media often plays a big role in shaping perceptions of particular candidates.

I find myself regularly commenting and debating such issue on Facebook, so I've decided to start re-posting some of my longer and more analytic comments here. I think it'll be fun if you want to stick around for the ride.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I view the Likud as my political "home" in Israel and have for several years now. Just a few weeks ago (before the merger with Yisrael Beitenu), I paid membership dues to the Likud for the first time. That said, no political party or politician will be a priori immune to praise or criticism here.

4 comments:

David said...

Excellent. Looking forward. Thanks!

Knighted Vorpal Sword said...

I too am looking forward to reading your blog about the elections. Let it be said that I voted for Likud in the last election (my first in Israel), but I won't make that mistake again.

At the time, people were saying "you have to vote Likud because they have the best chance to make a coalition. If you vote for one of the smaller parties on the right, it really helps Livni and her leftists." Like a fool, I listened.

I don't feel that the Likud party has done anything worth standing for. Missiles and rockets fall all over our southern border, yet the government won't do anything about it. Iran closes in on a nuclear bomb, yet the government won't do anything about it. The non-dati children learn less and less of anything Jewish, yet our government won't do anything about it. Ehud Barak is a fool, yet he's still in the government. I will be voting for UTJ or Yisrael Beiteinu - at least this way I'm voting my conscience.

ADDeRabbi said...

KVS - I assume you mean UTJ or Bayit Yehudi. Yisrael Beitenu is running on a joint list with Likud.

ADDeRabbi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.